Pages

Monday 19 March 2012

Spring Sewing

This week I've been thinking more about what I want to wear for this spring. I've recently become a little obsessed with making blouses and collecting vintage blouse patterns. I've already made a couple such as my leopard print blouse & my gingham blouse, but I still have the urge to make more!


Blouses are so versatile, and depending on what you make them with, can be practical for everyday or special occassion wear.

I'm more focused on the everyday, something I could pair with a high waisted skirt for work or could wear with jeans on the weekend.

With this in mind I wanted to invest in a 'go to' pattern for a cute vintage style button up shirt. After scrolling through the endless patterns on ebay & etsy, I decided to go for this:

Its from 1963 and features two types of collar, a small peter pan or a classic shirt collar. It also gives you the option of a cute patch pocket and sleeves.

It doesn't use up much fabric and I reckon I could get away with using only 1 metre (providing its sleeveless & the facings are in a suitable contrast fabric). I've decided to use up some powder blue polka dotted fabric I found in a charity shop in the summer. I've been wanting to make a blouse with this fabric for so long but there's not a lot of it, and I haven't been able to use it for a top until now! (Yay!)

I'm going to be making view 2 first as I can't resist a peter pan collar!

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see this finished! Vintage blouses are so cute :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that little sleeveless blouse with the peter pan collar. The girl in the illustration looks just like Betty Draper to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see it! I recently bought a 1960's Simplicity blouse pattern too. Very eager to get started!

    ReplyDelete