Pages

Thursday 28 July 2011

Things I Love Thursday - Asos Feature

Ah Asos..... What would I do without you??

This week inspired by my awesome vintage pussy bow blouse find, I have been a little obsessed with Asos. They have the cutest blouses at the moment, and I have decided to jump on the bandwagon of Midi length skirts too, and will be making one this weekend all in preparation for the upcoming Honeymoon (more on this in another future post). It probably hasn't helped that I received Septembers issue of the Asos mag which has a whole section dedicated to this Autumn/Fall's trend of 1940's mixed with 1970's. I fell in love with these quirky prints:




as well as these simple pieces which would look perfect teamed with a pencil skirt/high waisted tailored trousers.




and of course a floral print..


I love how versatile they can be, you could go for a relaxed/casual look as above with the floral piece, or  fit right into an office work environment by tying the bow higher. They're not for everyone however, and it is only recently that they have won me over (must be me getting older).
Have you been won over by the pussy bow?

I have also (as mentioned at the beginning) been drawn into the Midi length skirt craze. I've gazed from afar for a while, and I really like some of the styles Asos has in stock at the moment. It's a very flattering length too I think, you don't have to worry about whether your thighs look chunky? Or have to hold onto the fabric for dear life when you feel a gust of wind? 

I like the lace hem on this one

Very 1940's with kangaroo pockets

Another quirky print

I love all the Jade coloured items around at the moment

I find absolutely impossible to go onto Asos without at least taking a little peak at their summer dresses too..



I love the print on the second one, it's almost like a tye dye.

I've been pondering as to whether to buy these too


I don't buy shoes all that often, especially anything with a heel as I am rubbish with them and end up in pain after 10 minutes. However (with honeymoon in mind) I was wanting a pair of sandals that I could team up with a dress for the evenings, without looking too casual. I used to have a pair of these when I was younger which I practically lived in, so I think the heel would be fine for me. 

What have you been loving/lusting after this week?

I'm hoping to start my Goodwood Revival dress this weekend too, so I should have plenty to share come Sunday night!








1 comment:

  1. I love these blouses too! And I'm super into the midi length skirts! I'll probably keep wearing them until they're WAY out of style...

    ReplyDelete