Pages

Monday 18 July 2011

Recent Findings...

This weekend was a very busy one for me (hence no post last night) as we didn't get home until late. We spent the weekend at my future in-laws house near Reading in Berkshire as it was Perry's Grandmothers 80th birthday! Saturday was spent fabric shopping in Reading with my future mother-in-law, who is also a keen seamstress herself having made costumes for the local theatre group in the past. I picked up 3 new patterns as well as some fabric to make them with.


I decided on 2 more Retro Butterick patterns, one from 1946 & one from 1952. I also saw this Simplicity pattern from the American Sewing Guild which is a reprint from the 40's (doesn't say what year?). I've been wanting to try making some high waisted trousers and I love the top that comes with it, so I think come pay day I'll be back in the fabric shop looking for inspiration!
These are the fabrics I chose:


Mauve floral medium weight cotton (On the lookout for some mint green bias binding to go with it)


Blue floral georgette and matching grey/blue lining.

I also picked up some fabric which will be turned into a dress that I will be wearing at this year's 'Goodwood Revival'. For those that don't know what this is, it is primarily a weekend of vintage car racing at the famous Goodwood Estate in West Sussex, England. Each year they have a theme relating to an historic car, which this year is the Jaguar E-Type. As well as motor racing it is also an excuse for vintage enthusiasts or admirers of decades gone by to enjoy a day of shopping through tons of vintage clothing stalls, hang out at pop-up diners, swing dance to a jive band, all the while perfectly coifed and dolled up to the nines! It's as much of a fashion show as it is a day of motor racing! So this year i'm once again making my own dress using this pattern:


Vintage Vogue V2876


Using Black Moss Crepe with Black Lining for the bodice. 
I've decided on the short sleeve version as I plan on wearing a faux fur shrug to go with it. 
My Fiance Perry is wearing an old RAF uniform replica that I need to restore for him.





This will be my next project after finishing my 1940's night robe. 

My new sunglasses also arrived, but alas I have not been able to wear them much as we've had torrential downpours here in England for so long now. So I've had to take photos of me wearing them indoors!


Flash!


As I've spent the weekend at my in-laws it also gave me another chance to rummage through my vintage clothing stock and I've bought home another 8 items, one of which I've decided to keep as it's too cute!




These pussy bow blouses are everywhere at the moment, and I was very tempted by some on Asos recently but now I have one for free!

How was your weekend?






No comments:

Post a Comment