Pages

Saturday 30 July 2011

An Exciting Announcement...

As you can tell from the title, I have some big news!
I've recently been asked, and now officially commissioned, by the well known English brand Kenwood.
They will be having their own stand at the previously mentioned Goodwood Revival, and have asked me to design & make a dress in their colours (red/white) for 12 girls!

I'm so excited about this, and am really humbled that I've been asked to do this for them. They've asked for the dress to be 1940's in style, so last week one evening I sat down and churned out around 12 designs  based on these requirements. These are some of the sketches I made:



and this is the design they chose:


They are a few small changes that I'm making, for example it's not going to have the bow, and I'm undecided as to whether to add pockets or not?

I've tried to not make it too difficult for myself as I don't have a lot of time to do this, so I've got to work straight away on a muslin. I've combined elements of some existing 1940's patterns that I own, as well as modifying parts of it to fit my design.
Here are a few photos of my journey so far!









The bodice has had to be modified in order to fit a 3/4 length sleeve, which was done by reshaping the armhole, and making the side seam continue on for another inch in order to fit. 

With the muslin almost done, I have a couple days spare which I can use to sew a few new summer tops/skirts before my fabric arrives to start on these dresses! 








1 comment: